Pre and Postnatal Group Exercise Classes
Helen is a retired international heptathlete and has a masters’ degree in Sports Medicine, Exercise & Health. Helen qualified as a Personal Trainer in 2009, and was recently awarded her specialism in pre- and postnatal exercise. Helen supports the general population with their fitness goals, alongside this, she helps pregnant and postnatal clients with their fitness whatever aspect of their journey they are on. Helen has experience ranging from first time pregnancies, to post-cesarean section recovery, and complex postpartum fitness needs. Helen offers 1-1 coaching in her private gym at her home in Berkhamsted, and also offers bespoke training programmes for clients to do in their own time.
- Postnatal ‘Return to Fitness’.This class is the chance for new mummas to get sweaty, move their bodies and get those endorphins flowing! With a focus on moving safely for the postnatal period, You will be taught correct posture and breathing techniques. The class is a combination of body weight and light resistance exercises for the whole bo You will leave feeling invigorated and empowered to exercise! All new mums are welcome as long as they have completed their 6-week health check.
- Pregnancy Fitness. This class will focus on maintaining your fitness levels using safe and appropriate modifications for the trimester of your pregnancy. It will be a mix of bodyweight and light resistance exercises, and will teach you correct posture and breathing techniques. The exercises in the class will work both your cardiovascular and muscular systems, focusing on the areas stressed most during pregnancy. The class will help you feel invigorated, reduce your stress and awaken your muscles.
- Safely maintain your physical fitness & mental wellness during pregnancy and throughout the postnatal period
- Help you to avoid pregnancy-related complications such as gestational diabetes
- Prevent pregnancy-related musculoskeletal pain & injuries, including pelvic girdle pain
- Safely build you a strong foundation for the postpartum period and your return to exercise, including pelvic floor, core and lower back strength
- To offer new mums a chance to move and sweat in a safe and appropriate way for the postpartum and postnatal period.
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer & Group Exercise Instructor
- Pre and Postnatal Exercise Specialist
- MSc Sports Medicine, Exercise & Health
- BSc Psychology
Number of years’ experience in your field
- 5 years
- Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA)
Mobile: 07739 844240