With Suzy Reading
I am a Chartered Psychologist and qualified yoga teacher. I have been combining the two disciplines since 2002 to help my clients achieve true wellbeing: mind and body. I completed my yoga teacher training with The Life Centre in London and my teaching comes from the Viniyoga tradition which is a hatha based therapeutic approach.
Working individually makes psychology accessible for any level of fitness, experience or age. I provide a practice designed specifically for your needs and preferences, meeting you exactly where you are at now.
Wellbeing Psychology, when skilfully and personally prescribed, can be a powerful tool for coping with life events. As a psychologist and yoga teacher, I have specific experience with using yoga as a therapeutic tool to assist people through grief, loss, change, episodes of stress, anxiety and depression.
How wellbeing psychology can help
- Stress relief – yoga can be a powerful tool to relieve the physical and energetic manifestations of stress. Incorporating breath work and mindfulness can also help unravel the mental and emotional manifestations of stress
- Pre & postnatal yoga and mother & baby yoga – preparing for birth, motherhood and beyond. Nurturing the physical body, boosting energy, mood and nourishing the mind.
- Restorative and healing yoga – for times of stress, change or illness
- Beginners – an introduction to yoga movement and breathing and a simple home practice
- Experienced – mentoring to deepen your practice and to explore different aspects of yoga – postures, breathing, meditation, mudra, yoga nidra or relaxation, philosophy
- Yoga for athletes – yoga designed to physically enhance your sporting performance and mental skills training to give you the competitive edge
To book or make further enquiries: