Therapeutic Coaching represents a shift in mental health and wellbeing provision that puts you and your child or young person back in control. It is the innovative integration of counselling and coaching combining the core features of Person-Centered Counselling with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and a Human Givens approach.
- Person-centered Counselling provides the core conditions of empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard which are used to build a therapeutic relationship in which your child or young person will feel safe and supported.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy provides an understanding of the connection between thoughts, feelings and behaviour, and highlights common thought distortions which could be inhibiting helpful change.
- Human Givens are the essential needs and innate resources required to live with mental and physical health and are based on an understanding of neuroscience.
At The Therapeutic Coaching Company your child or young person will also benefit from ideas and strategies from Protective Behaviours, Mindfulness, Growth Mindset and Five Ways to Wellbeing, enabling delivery of a bespoke package of support that meets their specific needs.
- Protective Behaviours is a set of principles and strategies which help people live with physical and emotional safety thereby supporting their wellbeing.
- Mindfulness is the practice of focusing on the present moment and is helpful in building our capacity to manage emotions and stress.
- Growth Mindset is the belief that improved outcomes are achieved through our efforts.
- Five Ways to Wellbeing are the five behaviours shown to promote mental health and wellbeing.
Therapeutic coaching aims to deliver improved outcomes for your child or young person in as few as 5 sessions, with refresher and booster sessions available if felt helpful at any time in the future.
To book an appointment or make further enquiries
Sue Trent – View profile
Mobile: 07305 543410