Antenatal & Hypnobirth Teacher & Pregnancy Massage Therapist
- Antenatal classes
- Breastfeeding support
- Pregnancy massage
- Baby massage classes
- You will gain extensive practical knowledge, birth and parenting confidence from Cathy who is an experienced midwife and antenatal teacher. Plus benefit from a great support network at Carmenta Life & your antenatal group during classes and beyond.
- You will gain advice and support for any of your breastfeeding issues both at home visits or here privately and at our FREE drop-in café by breastfeeding expert Cathy, a Lactation Consultant with many years of experience helping mothers to breastfeed their babies.
- Enjoy a wonderfully therapeutic pregnancy massage for the necessary rest and relaxation an expectant mum needs and to help relieve pregnancy symptoms. Cathy has massaged pregnant mummies for many years and uses her midwifery knowledge, blended essential oils and a specialist pregnancy couch with supported bump hole to further enhance your treatment.
- Learn massage strokes, rhymes and pick up lots of tips to help calm and soothe your baby with experienced infant massage instructor.
The top 3 areas/issues I work with and solve for my clients
- Many expectant parents want to gain knowledge of how to cope with labour and how to look after their newborn infant. Classes teach all this and more to empower parents with confidence and give them the coping strategies that they will find most useful as they embark on parenthood.
- Breastfeeding issues are advised on and treated, such as poor or difficult latch and positioning which can in turn lead to sore nipples, pain, mastitis, decreased milk flow and production. Most issues can be resolved with helpful techniques, practical advice and rapid treatment.
- Pregnancy massage and baby massage can benefit both mum and baby to help reduce stress levels and aid general relaxation by increasing oxytocin levels and reducing stress hormone levels.
- For mums it may relieve backache, swelling of feet, ankles and other pregnancy symptoms. For babies it may help with physical symptoms of “wind”, colic, teething as well as emotional nurturing needs.
- Dip Antenatal Education (NCT)
- Lactation Consultant (formerly IBCLC)
- Massage Therapist & Instructor (ITEC, CIMI)
- Lactation Consultant
- DipHb (KGH)
Number of years’ experience in the field
- 30 years + more!
- Independent Professional Therapists International
“Dear Cathy, thank you for being awesome and guiding us through such a great NCT course! You have pointed us firmly on the way to becoming competent and successful parents!”
– Sep/Oct 2014 NCT Class
“Cathy, A small thank you for a very big thank you for all your help. I would definitely have ceased feeding had you not been there and able to advise so quickly. Your confidence in me and encouragement were key in turning the situation around and we’re all hugely grateful-not least healthy, happy Cornelius!”
– Hannah & family x