Clinical Psychologist (Children & Adults)
Contact Telephone number: 07342046131
Services provided: Clinical Psychologist
Hello, I am Dr Maria O’Neill (D.Clin.Psych, MA, BSc Hons) I am a Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I have over 15 years experience specialising in Autism and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) within various settings including the NHS, private and charitable providers (National Autistic Society). I have worked within health, forensic and educational environments with involvement in the setting up of several specialist Autism and ADHD services. I currently work in specialist Autism and ADHD services in the NHS.
I have a passion in working with neurodiversity and a positive attitude towards individual difference and uniqueness. I aim to offer a clear and supportive pathway for those seeking diagnosis and for those navigating life following a diagnosis. I am committed and passionate about providing a high-quality service.
I specialise in the assessment of Autism and ADHD and have extensive experience to offer therapeutic support and intervention for individuals, parents, and couples. My approaches include use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), ADHD coaching, psychoeducation, emotional toolkit, Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and mindfulness techniques to support individuals and their loved ones.
Benefits of your services:
- Comprehensive assessments for Autism, ADHD and mental health difficulties.
- Support to people across the life span (children and adults)
- I am able to provide therapeutic support based on extensive experience, qualifications and specialist training
- Passionate psychologist with a keen desire to support and make a difference to people’s lives.
- Offer a variety of therapeutic approaches: CBT, ACT, CFT, Mindfulness and Narrative therapy.
No of year’s experience in your field: 17 years
Any professional associations I am a member of
HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)